TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Of Using CommonExchange.com
Common Exchange Terms and Conditions of Pawn Loans
- Monthly Charges vary by location. Please contact us for more information on rates and fees.
- A higher cost for storage, administration, may apply for larger items.
- In order to redeem or renew your item, you must present the yellow pawn ticket.
- Pawns can be redeemed at any time during the loan period.
- Pawns can be renewed. This must be done on or before the due date.
- All accumulated charges must be paid in full in order for a pawn to be eligible for renewal.
- If the due date falls on a store holiday, the loan will extend to the next day of business.
- For your convenience Common Exchange will hold every pawn for seven calendar days after the due date.
- For this customers that utilize this grace period, the cost is a one month charge as noted above. This applies to redeems and renewals.
- When the 7 day grace has lapsed, the pawn is the property of Common Exchange, and the item will be disposed of.
- Lost or stolen pawn tickets should be reported as soon as possible to Common Exchange. This must be done in person. That person must have ID that matches the pawn ticket. The old ticket will be deemed void and a “lost ticket statement” must be purchased at a cost of $10.00. This applies to renewals and or redeems.
- We do not discuss information regarding pawn tickets on the phone. All pawn ticket inquiries must be in person.
- The Customer acknowledges and consents to the disclosure of the Customer’s personal information by Common Exchange to law enforcement agencies and any municipal, provincial or federal governmental body, as may be required.
- In the event of an item in dispute of ownership, or falsification of identity, or age, any pawn slips can be immediately voided, and you give the pawn shop the right to dispose of the goods thereafter. You agree to not hold the shop negligent or liable for any reason. It is your responsibility to insure your own goods.
- When pawning an item you certify that the above information is correct, the goods are solely yours, free and clear of all encumbrances.
In using this website you are deemed to have read and agreed to the following terms and conditions:
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements: “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions. “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We” and “Us”, refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner, whether by formal meetings of a fixed duration, or any other means, for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services/products, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing Canadian Law. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. Authorized employees within the company on a need to know basis only use any information collected from individual customers. We constantly review our systems and data to ensure the best possible service to our customers. Parliament has created specific offences for unauthorised actions against computer systems and data. We will investigate any such actions with a view to prosecuting and/or taking civil proceedings to recover damages against those responsible
We are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 and as such, any information concerning the Client and their respective Client Records may be passed to third parties. However, Client records are regarded as confidential and therefore will not be divulged to any third party, other than our suppliers and vendors if legally required to do so to the appropriate authorities. Clients have the right to request sight of, and copies of any and all Client Records we keep, on the proviso that we are given reasonable notice of such a request. Clients are requested to retain copies of any literature issued in relation to the provision of our services. Where appropriate, we shall issue Client’s with appropriate written information, handouts or copies of records as part of an agreed contract, for the benefit of both parties.
We will not sell, share, or rent your personal information to any third party or use your e-mail address for unsolicited mail. Any emails sent by this Company will only be in connection with the provision of agreed services and products.
Exclusions and Limitations
The information on this web site is provided on an “as is” basis. To the fullest extent permitted by law, this Company:
- excludes all representations and warranties relating to this website and its contents or which is or may be provided by any affiliates or any other third party, including in relation to any inaccuracies or omissions in this website and/or the Company’s literature; and
- excludes all liability for damages arising out of or in connection with your use of this website. This includes, without limitation, direct loss, loss of business or profits (whether or not the loss of such profits was foreseeable, arose in the normal course of things or you have advised this Company of the possibility of such potential loss), damage caused to your computer, computer software, systems and programs and the data thereon or any other direct or indirect, consequential and incidental damages.
This Company does not however exclude liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence. The above exclusions and limitations apply only to the extent permitted by law. None of your statutory rights as a consumer are affected.
Please see in store for more details, or read the contract provided to you on signing our Pawn Agreement.
Termination of Agreements and Refunds Policy
Please see in store for more details, or read the contract provided to you on signing our Pawn Agreement.
Unless otherwise stated, the services featured on this website are only available within British Columbia Canada, or in relation to postings from Canada. All advertising is intended solely for the Canadian market. You are solely responsible for evaluating the fitness for a particular purpose of any downloads, programs and text available through this site. Redistribution or republication of any part of this site or its content is prohibited, including such by framing or other similar or any other means, without the express written consent of the Company. The Company does not warrant that the service from this site will be uninterrupted, timely or error free, although it is provided to the best ability. By using this service you thereby indemnify this Company, its employees, agents and affiliates against any loss or damage, in whatever manner, howsoever caused.
We use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the site, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information. Additionally, for systems administration, detecting usage patterns and troubleshooting purposes, our web servers automatically log standard access information including browser type, access times/open mail, URL requested, and referral URL. This information is not shared with third parties and is used only within this Company on a need-to-know basis. Any individually identifiable information related to this data will never be used in any way different to that stated above without your explicit permission.
Links to this website
If you create a link to a page of this website you do so at your own risk and the exclusions and limitations set out above will apply to your use of this website by linking to it. We claim no responsibility for the accuracy of statement of anyone who has linked to this site.
Links from this website
We do not monitor or review the content of other party’s websites which are linked to from this website. Opinions expressed or material appearing on such websites are not necessarily shared or endorsed by us and should not be regarded as the publisher of such opinions or material. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices, or content, of these sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site & to read the privacy statements of these sites. You should evaluate the security and trustworthiness of any other site connected to this site or accessed through this site yourself, before disclosing any personal information to them. This Company will not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage in whatever manner, howsoever caused, resulting from your disclosure to third parties of personal information.
Copyright and other relevant intellectual property rights exists on all text relating to the Company’s services and the full content of this website.
This Company’s logo is a registered trademark of Common Exchange Ltd, in Canada and other countries. The brand names and specific services of this Company featured on this web site are trade marked and may only be used with the express permission of the Company.
We have several different e-mail addresses for different queries. These, & other contact information, can be found on our Contact Us link on our website or via Company literature or via the Company’s stated telephone, facsimile or mobile telephone numbers.
Neither party shall be liable to the other for any failure to perform any obligation under any Agreement which is due to an event beyond the control of such party including but not limited to any Act of God, terrorism, war, Political insurgence, insurrection, riot, civil unrest, act of civil or military authority, uprising, earthquake, flood or any other natural or man made eventuality outside of our control, which causes the termination of an agreement or contract entered into, nor which could have been reasonably foreseen. Any Party affected by such event shall forthwith inform the other Party of the same and shall use all reasonable endeavours to comply with the terms and conditions of any Agreement contained herein.
Failure of either Party to insist upon strict performance of any provision of this or any Agreement or the failure of either Party to exercise any right or remedy to which it, he or they are entitled hereunder shall not constitute a waiver thereof and shall not cause a diminution of the obligations under this or any Agreement. No waiver of any of the provisions of this or any Agreement shall be effective unless it is expressly stated to be such and signed by both Parties.
The laws of Canada and British Columbia govern these terms and conditions. By accessing this website and buying our products you consent to these terms and conditions and to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Canadian courts in all disputes arising out of such access. If any of these terms are deemed invalid or unenforceable for any reason (including, but not limited to the exclusions and limitations set out above), then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be severed from these terms and the remaining terms will continue to apply. Failure of the Company to enforce any of the provisions set out in these Terms and Conditions and any Agreement, or failure to exercise any option to terminate, shall not be construed as waiver of such provisions and shall not affect the validity of these Terms and Conditions or of any Agreement or any part thereof, or the right thereafter to enforce each and every provision. These Terms and Conditions shall not be amended, modified, varied or supplemented except in writing and signed by duly authorised representatives of the Company.
Notification of Changes
These terms and conditions form part of the Agreement between the Client and ourselves. Your accessing of this website and/or undertaking of a booking or Agreement indicates your understanding, agreement to and acceptance, of the Disclaimer Notice and the full Terms and Conditions contained herein. Your statutory Consumer Rights are unaffected.
DISCLOSURE STATEMENT – Term: Pawn loans are 60 days. Your loan is meant to be paid in full within this time frame. Example: A $100 loan would cost $12.00 if redeemed within the first month, and $22.00 within the 2nd month. Monthly charges include $3.00 interest, plus $7.00 for storage and a $2.00 handling charge per transaction. The APR on this loan is 60%. Actual rates may vary by location and by item size or loan amount. For full terms and conditions, please visit our Terms and Conditions page.